Are We Ready for Monday
Well are you
No I am not referring to the sorry mess that is Port of Auckland – I am referring to the mess that will be Monday on the Rail Network.
Remember Monday and Tuesday next week the line between Newmarket and Britomart will be CLOSED still as works continue at Parnell.
The Eastern Line however will be open all the way into Britomart.
With the bulk of the commuters back on Monday I advise the following
- Read the Christmas/Special Timetable extremely carefully, especially if you are wanting to head into Britomart
- Allow extra time for your commute on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Devise a plan to get to and from work, make sure you have a BACK UP PLAN if something literally goes to custard. And by back up plan I mean, have cash ready for either a standard bus or if all else fails parking if you need to drive in. Work out where the standard buses go incase you need them to get to work if you can not use the rail network – THINK AHEAD – I do and usually have back up’s ready if one form of transport mode fails.
- Ring (09) 366 6400 (maxx hotline) before you travel on Monday to see if there are any disruptions as I would not rely on the inter-web or text messaging system. Also LISTEN OUT for PA announcements. I am working Monday morning at Britomart so I am around watching the network.
- Pre-purchase your 10-trip or Monthly Rail Passes and save time and fuss
- Remember rail buses are still operating the Newmarket to Britomart stretch so be prepared for transfers
- And last but not least – BE PREPARED
Yip might sound like Mr Doom and Gloom but you will find if you take onboard the above and be prepared – then if there is a failure you can do your bit to slow down your disruption.
If you do not prepare and have back ups – then sorry you are a sucker for punishment and in my very honest blunt opinion – fool hardy.