Presentation to be given at Council Urban/Rural Urban Development Committee
Good news everybody! Approval has been given by the Chair of the Urban/Rural Development Committee (Deputy Mayor Penny Hulse) for my presentation on Thursday 28th November.
The topic will be on ‘Developing a 21st Century Auckland‘ which is currently running as a series here in Talking Auckland.
Essentially what I will be highlighting in the presentation (and hopefully I can get more than the 5 minutes usually allocated as there is a lot of points to cover) is with Area Plans coming out for development, Council need to “get it right” with the respective communities. And by getting it right I mean Area Plans that do allow Auckland to leave the 1950’s behind (a bit hard with the double-downing on some of these gold-plated motorway projects at the moment (The Southern Motorway upgrade though is a critical and much-needed one)) and march forward into the 21st Century.
The presentation is again three prong each covering different aspects of developing a 21st Century Auckland.
- First Prong: Introduction and Laying Down the Challenge with Area Plans
- Second Prong: Developing a 21st Century Auckland using the Area Plans
- Third Prong: A 21st Century Manukau – an example of how a Super Metropolitan Centre can escape its 1960’s past and march proudly into the 21st Century
The presentation material and supplementary booklet will be embedded below.
If you are interesting in how Auckland Council works or want to see the presentation the Committee starts at 9:30am on Level 2 of Town Hall. Fail that there is the All About Auckland live video feed that runs as well on the internet.
In the meantime I better go brush up on that presentation for next Thursday.
The Developing a 21st Century Auckland presentation slides
Manukau Concept Drawings and 3D Sketch-Up Mock-Up presentation slides
The Presentation supplementary booklet
- Strong Growth in Auckland (voakl.net)
- First Concept Manukau Drawings (voakl.net)
- Coming Up – Looking at Developing a 21st Century Auckland (voakl.net)
- Manukau’s 21st Century Development (voakl.net)
- Manukau Interchange Redevelopment Mk3 – and Incorporating Te Papa North (voakl.net)
- Looking at Developing a 21st Century Auckland – Series – Surburbia (voakl.net)
- Outlining a 21st Century Auckland (voakl.net)