Council Control Organisations get new directors appointed
From the Office of Mayor Len Brown:
Auckland Council CCO board appointments
Mayor Len Brown and Deputy Mayor Penny Hulse have announced the following appointments to the boards of Auckland’s council-controlled organisations:
- Margaret Devlin as chair of Watercare Services Limited (WSL): Margaret is chair of WEL Networks
- Julia Hoare as WSL deputy chair: Julia is has been a director of WSL since 2013
- Wayne Donnelly as deputy chair of Auckland Transport (AT): Wayne was formerly CEO of Land Transport New Zealand and Rodney District Council
- Joanna Perry as deputy chair of Regional Facilities Auckland (RFA): Joanna is deputy chair of Genesis Energy
- Mike Taitoko as a director of Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED): Mike is co-founder of tech company Waiora Pacific and a director of the Committee for Auckland
- Fabian Partigliani as a director of RFA: Fabian is former Managing Director of Pernod Ricard New Zealand.
The following reappointments have also been made:
- Danny Chan and Helen Robinson for three year terms and Franceska Banga and Norm Thompson for one year terms as directors of ATEED
- Mark Gilbert for a three year term as director of Auckland Transport (AT)
- Geoff Clews for a three year term and Gary Troup for two years as directors of RFA.
- Dr Nicki Crauford for a three year term as a director of WSL.
The Mayor has welcomed the breadth of experience in the new directors.
“This clearly shows the CCO boards are an attractive opportunity for candidates willing to bring their array of talent, expertise and experience into the public realm to help the council’s decision makers in making Auckland the world’s most liveable city.”
Meanwhile Cr Hulse has announced the appointment of three new board interns as part of Auckland Council’s diversity programme:
- Hinemaua Rikirangi to AT: Hinemaua is Ngati Ranginui and a senior manager in the BNZ’s national Māori Business team
- Ingrid Cronin-Knight to WSL: Ingrid is Head of Change and Business Technology at Chorus
- Mara Fisher to RFA: Mara is Chief Operating Officer at Tax Management New Zealand.
Auckland Council’s board appointment programme is a three year cycle. Annually councillors consider the appointment and reappointment board members across the CCOs.