Yeah or Nah?
We have all heard it by now and it was generating discussion over on Facebook after I posted my initial thoughts:
Okay so the Property will be $360,000 with KiwiBuild in Auckland. Ummm where they going to find Land for under $200k to do that?
Kiwibuilding being (from the Labour Party):
Everyone should have the chance to own their own home but home ownership rates are thelowest they’ve been in 50 years. We’ll restore this Kiwi dream by making home ownership and rent more affordable.
- build 100,000 starter homes for Kiwi families – we call it KiwiBuild,
- cut down on speculation by restricting the ability of non-residents to purchase New Zealand houses, farm land, and monopoly services,
- require landlords to ensure every rental house in New Zealand is warm and dry,
- create new jobs, 2,000 apprenticeships and give a $2 billion boost to the economy through our building programme,
- introduce fairness with a capital gains tax and monetary policy reform to take pressure off house prices,
- introduce a National Policy Statement to ensure Councils are more likely to approve projects involving affordable housing,
- build 10,000 houses and take other measures to kickstart the rebuild in Christchurch and Canterbury.
The KiwiBuild Policy
From what I have seen these are the three candidate sites for Kiwi Build in Auckland to keep the prices deemed “affordable:”
- Housing New Zealand Land
- Land owned by Auckland Council Property Development (if it were to take an interest)
- The Future Urban Zones in the North, North West, and Southern areas of Auckland (that are not already earmarked for other uses like heavy industry)
Leave them in the comments department below