From Council on Today’s Unitary Plan Workshop
All things Rural
Sorry folks media are not allowed into the workshops at the moment so we do rely on the statements that do come out. This is the latest one on all things Rural in Auckland.
- Rural subdivision
- Countryside living lot sizes, location and extent
- Mixed-rural zone
- Second or subsequent dwellings on rural sites
- No net increase in the number of rural sites, to protect productive land and avoid fragmentation
- Investigate additional countryside living areas and potential for different lot sizes around rural towns and villages
- Review the location of the mixed rural zones and whether additional mixed rural zones would be appropriate
- Investigate providing for second or subsequent dwellings on rural sites
All recommendations from the Rural workshop will head to the July 25 Auckland Plan Committee. Hopefully that Committee will not be treated as a joke by Grandstanding Councillors as yesterday’s one on the Mixed Housing Zone splitting.
- Unitary Plan Workshop Dates (voakl.net)
- Those Unitary Plan Workshops (voakl.net)
- The Next Steps for the Unitary Plan – Those Workshops (voakl.net)