Have your say on the future of Southern Auckland
It has finally started after the Unitary Plan went live in November 2016. The attempt to plan and map out the future of the Future Urban Zone between Drury and Paerata has begun with Structure Planning now under way by Auckland Council.
From Shape Auckland:
Help Shape the Future of Drury and Pukekohe-Paerata
- When you have read the consultation documents, and are ready to have your say, use the online feedback form.
The Auckland Unitary Plan has identified land around Drury and Pukekohe-Paerata as areas for future urban development.
This means that:
- there will be significant urban growth in these two areas over the next 10-20 years
- Auckland Council is starting structure planning to guide the future urban development of these two areas.
A large number of new houses are proposed in the future urban zoned areas. New business areas are also likely.
This new urban growth needs to be planned comprehensively and in an integrated way.
Opportunities and constraints relevant to urban planning have been identified for Drury and Paerata-Pukekohe.
Structure planning process in Drury and Pukekohe
The Auckland Unitary Plan Operative in Part (AUPOP) sets out the requirements for a structure plan.
- identify opportunities and constraints relating to the land including: infrastructure provision, heritage, natural values and natural hazards
- investigate and address the potential effects of urbanisation in the structure plan areas
- identify suitable urban land uses
- do not rezone land but they will guide future plan change processes to rezone future urban zoned land.
The council is carrying out investigations and preparing structure plans for these two areas.
The structure plans for Drury and Paerata-Pukekohe will become the basis for council’s initiated plan changes.
Have your say
You can read through the consultation documents in the tabs above, and submit your feedback by filling in the form:
- at any of the drop-in sessions listed in the Events tab,
- at the Papakura or Pukekohe service centres or libraries.
Feedback is open from 25 September until Friday 20 October 2017.
This is where Auckland Council is talking about
The Southern Auckland Future Urban Zone is the largest in Auckland in terms of size and capacity. It if developed to optimum potential (note this is not maximum potential) the Southern Auckland Urban Zone will house 55,000 homes (165,000 residents) and employment places for 35,000 jobs including light and heavy industry.
To do this means serious planning ahead – hence Structure Planning.
Below are the opening documents to both Drury and Paerata sub sections of the Southern Auckland Future Urban Zone Structure Plans:
I will be putting my submission on once I have made my way through the documents
You can as well through the various methods below:
When you have read the consultation documents, and are ready to have your say, use the online feedback form.
Drop-in sessions in Drury and Pukekohe
Come to one of our drop-in sessions to find out more about the structure planning process in Drury and Pukekohe.
This is your chance to:
- share your views, and
- give feedback on the future urban zoning and development in your area.
|Wednesday, 27 September||6.30-8.30pm||Drury Hall|
|Saturday, 30 September||8am to noon||Franklin Market, Pukekohe|
|Tuesday, 3 October||4-7pm||Pukekohe Library|
|Thursday, 5 October||4-7pm||Edmund Hillary Library, Papakura|
|Saturday, 7 October||8am to noon||Franklin Market, Pukekohe|
|Wednesday, 11 October||6.30-8.30pm||Franklin: The Centre|
|Saturday,14 October||8am to noon||Franklin Market, Pukekohe|
Other ways to find out more about the Drury and Pukekohe structure plan
From Monday, 25 September you can:
- view information the Papakura or Pukekohe service centres or libraries.
- contact Southern Structure Planning.
Source: Shape Auckland
The future of Southern Auckland is pretty much in our hands!