Experience a taste of the South Social enterprises as part of The Southern Initiative will be showcasing their wares in Wynyard Quarter next month. From The Southern Initiative: South … Continue reading Southern Initiative Social Enterprise to be Showcased at Wynyard Quarter
Second of Two Auckland Transformational Panels Lacking Still in Public Oversight The Auckland Plan has two transformational objectives to it: City Centre upgrade The Southern Initiative Here is … Continue reading City Centre Advisory Panel Great, Now Where is our Southern Initiative Equivalent?
Change Agents wanted to execute The Southern Initiative I was forwarded a link to this vacancy currently up at Auckland Council. It was to do with The Southern Initiative – … Continue reading Wanted: A Social Intrapreneur for Council’s Southern Initiative
Bit Late Announcing That One? I see Labour in their final Auckland Policy is talking about The Southern Initiative, something much covered here in Talking Auckland. From Radio … Continue reading Labour Backs The Southern Initiative
After a nice long weekend in Tauranga (I come back up to Auckland) this afternoon and one heck of a £%$” storm with Dirty Politics also over the weekend, Talking Auckland will be back full steam tomorrow with your Auckland issues and commentary.
Coming up this week:
1) The Southern Initiative finally gets going
2) The continuation of the Auckland Commuter Journey Series
3) If I can land it, a chat with Auckland Development Chair and Deputy Mayor Penny Hulse on the first look at the 10 Spatial Priorities and what they might mean for Auckland.
4) If Auckland Transport come back by Thursday the Manukau South Link and where we go from there
I am putting together some Southern Initiative posts reflecting on some good news finally for this project after four years of flak including of me.
Four projects are under way covering different aspects of The Southern Initiative, those projects cover:
1) Social Infrastructure (enabling communities to participate in the Digital World)
2) Land Use Planning x2: The Otara-Papatoetoe Area Plan which is working through the motions before implementation next year, and the Spatial Priorities project the Auckland Development Committee will be working through. Manukau City Centre is one of those bigger Spatial Priorities that would be carried out
3) Physical Infrastructure from both NZTA and Auckland Transport
I will run these along side the Auckland Commute series that I have been running as I prepare to tie this all up.
More next week but good to see the Southern Initiative finally getting underway and some positive news
I talk Southern Initiative with presenter Kane Glass, and Manukau Ward Councillor Alf Filipiana Recently I gave an interview (my second) on the All About Auckland Show that … Continue reading Southern Initiative Interview on the All About Auckland Show is up
Let’s Talk About Manukau On the All About Auckland Show on Monday (I think it was the Monday just gone – the email isn’t 100% clear when it arrives … Continue reading And This Time I Talk Southern Initiative
Where I found it though I could say is rather ironic You will have to forgive me if I find the following a bit ironic today. If … Continue reading Investigation: Some Information of The Southern Initiative
We have a budget Yesterday the Budget Committee and the Governing Body after seven odd hours of debate passed the 2014/2015 Annual Plan. There were some amendments (which I … Continue reading Annual Plan Passes, Bitter Debate on Southern Initiative Occurs